Fall is a beautiful and nostalgic season. Leaves are falling, people are preparing for the holidays, and of course, apples are in season.
One of the best things to make with the apples is of course, Apple sauce. Most recipes call you to peel several pounds of apples, cut then all up into bits, boil for several minutes, and it’s just a big mess.
This recipe makes things easier by taking traditional recipes, condensing them down to a single serving size, and utilizing the microwave. This way those without a full kitchen (or college kids who have a few apples they grabbed from the dining hall)can still participate in fall festivities.
1/4 c water
1. Wash apples. Peel if desired.
2. Cut apples into small pieces
3. Place slices in bowl. Add water and cinnamon.
4. Mix all ingredients then microwave for 2 minutes.
5. Check apple pieces. If they are squishy and not crunchy, they are done.
6. Take a potato masher, bottom of a cup, or what ever you have, mashe the apple slices until the desired consistency.
7. Enjoy warm or chill for later.
One thought on “Make it In a Microwave: Apple Sauce”